Contact Supplied on demand
- Extensive knowledge of IBM/compatible computers. Abilities include troubleshooting and computer construction. Working knowledge of computer networks (LANS).
- Familiar with FrontPage, FlexED and HomeSite. Mainly working from notepad.
- Vast knowledge of Windows 95/98, most word processors, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere, Ulead PhotoImpact and Media Studio Pro. Working knowledge with Windows2000. Currently studying Linux RedHat platform.
- Native English speaker with Japanese speaking abilities. Currently learning more Japanese to increase reading and writing awareness.
- Skilled data-entry abilities and above average typing speed.
- Excellent customer handling skills.
- Document translations for contracts, television program episode summaries, and a variety of other text from Japanese to English.
- Design English version program sales sheets, posters, and logos for media programs.
- Develop product / program bibles for branding purposes and sales.
- Troubleshoot, install, and code web applications for small to medium-sized organizations (using PHP and MySQL). Also includes web design and development.
Founder SimCentral.NET (formerly Baseball Sim Central)
Sim Central, Tokyo, Japan
- Founded, created, designed and maintain web site (http://simcentral.net/).
- Coordinated the recruitment of staff.
- Written extensive reviews for Game Companies (EASports, 3DO, Microsoft, and others).
- Tested demos, ALPHA and BETA versions for bugs.
- Over 3,500,000 unique hits since 1/1999.
International Sales / Merchandising & Marketing
Asahi Service, Roppongi Hills, Japan
- Created sales sheets for various programs and animations.
- Translated titles, episode titles, and summaries from Japanese to English for various content.
- Handled program sales in Asia and merchandising in Europe.
Linguaphone Academy, Shinjuku, Japan
- Created courses designed for 90 minute classes.
- Taught Introductory, Level 1, and Level 2 classes.
Children’s English Review Instructor
JAL Academy, Sendagaya, Japan
- Worked along-side main teacher to ensure students are learning.
- Developed games to help make learning interesting and fun for students.
- Designed lesson plans to maximize learning time.
Head Web Developer / Designer
WoodPlanet.com, Cambridge, MA
- Developed prototype and final release designs.
- Created graphical advertisements for publications.
- Worked with database engineer to create front and back end modules.
- Researched company computer/web server needs.
- Worked with clients to build a presence on the internet for their companies.
Web Administrator – Cinema Dept
Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY
- Designed and implemented a user-friendly web site.
- Programmed back-end and front-end for course and film listing database.
- Conducted meetings and surveys to gain knowledge of students’ and professors’ needs.
Radio Shack, Vestal, NY
- Interaction with customers involved sales support, advice and suggestions.
- Operated store during Manager’s absence (responsibilities included: opening and closing store, handling of bank deposits, as well as customer complaints).
- Continual growth in personal sale figures.
|Summers of 95-97
Nippon Photo Clinic, Inc., NYC, NY
- Created and implemented a program for inventory and camera tracking.
- Created, designed and maintained corporate web site (http://members.aol.com/nipponpc).
- Performed data-entry for camera parts and other information.
- Handled customers both on the phone and in person.
- Washington Post 9/15/2002 Pg F1 “America’s Pastime, in Front of the Tube”
- Entertainment Weekly Issue #524 1/28/2000 Pg 83
- PC GAMER Vol 6 No. 12 12/1999 Pg 226
- PC GAMES 10/1998 Pg 38 “Bookmark This Site”
- Other Awards: Playboy Online Top 10 Best Baseball Sites on the Net (1/1999), Jayde Gold Diamond Award (11/98), Fastball.com Fan Site of the Week (9/23/98), Gamesmania Gold Site (9/12/98)
Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY
Bachelor of Art in Cinema, 1/2000